Monday, November 19, 2012

Go above and beyond your own needs and minister to those in need, all over the world.



I am always very surprised at people’s reaction to volunteer work.  

Every year I travel to Matagalpa, Nicaragua to aid the local people.  We build homes, donate clothing and school supplies, donate medical supplies, provide food, etc. 

Without fail, each year when I begin to speak about my upcoming travel, I am criticized.  Usually, people are offended that I am traveling to another country to help out, and not spending my time on the people here in our own country that need help.  Well, first off, I do work in the US as well (Hurricane Katrina efforts for a few years, Petersburg Tri-cities Work Camps, DC Homeless soup kitchen, etc).  Secondly, the people who usually criticize me, have not lifted a hand anywhere to help out.  Thirdly, all people deserve love and compassion in the time of need. One person’s welfare is no more important than someone else’s. 

I dislike asking for donations for my trips as it rubs people the wrong way. I understand money is tight for everyone, me included.  I would not be upset if someone cannot donate.  I am upset that someone would criticize another person for striving to make this world a better place.

Love all.  Bring happiness and peace to everyone.  Go above and beyond your own needs and minister to those in need, all over the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment